Obviously not work experience.. submitted by
So I’m guessing it’s pretty much just getting the interviews primarily through networking?
As well as having a high GPA and Finance related extra curricular activities?
Would earning certificates related to financial modelling, trading Forex, joining finance clubs and learning about capital markets on the side help provide me with leverage relative to other candidates?
Thanks! Any advice or suggestions would also be greatly appreciated! :)
Reposting because I didn't get input last time. Demographics:
Indian. Male. From ProspeFrisco Texas. Middle/Upper class area. I would say my high school is very competitive. Intended Major(s):
Computer Science ACT/SAT/SAT II:
SAT: Have not taken a real test. I have taken three practice test all resulted 1440+. Prepping for 1500+, but consider my score to be a flat 1400 for now. UW GPA and Rank:
UW: 3.981 Rank: 12/979 Coursework:
- Honors French 1 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- HonoGT Geometry (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Honors Computer Science 1
- Honors Biology (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Human (Highest Level that year available to me ) (4)
- Honors English 1 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Outdoor Education (Required)
- Digital Art and Animation (Required)
- Honors English 2 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Honors French 2 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Computer Science A (Highest Level that year available to me ) (5)
- AP Computer Science Principles (Highest Level that year available to me ) (4)
- AP World History (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Biology (Highest Level that year available to me ) (3) <-- Not sending this score
- Honors Chemistry (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Honors Algebra 2 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Academic Level Architecture (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP English 3 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Independent Studies in Video Games (AP Level but not AP) (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Honors UIL Math Prep
- Ap Physics 1 (Highest Level that year available to me ) (5)
- Academic Level US History
- AP Chemistry (Highest Level that year available to me ) (4)
- AP Environmental (Highest Level that year available to me ) (5)
- Honors Pre-Cal (Highest Level that year available to me )
Senior Year (will take upcoming year):
- Honors Computer Science 3 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Honors Computer Science 2 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP English 4 (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Gov/Econ (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Physics C (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Calc BC (Highest Level that year available to me )
- AP Stats (Highest Level that year available to me )
- Still Deciding but not AP for sure. Awards:
- Adobe Certified Associate - Visual Design using Adobe Photoshop CC2015
- Aloha Math Competition Certificate.
- UIL Math Competition Certificate.
- Multiple Student of the month award Extracurriculars:
- I am an intern at Visual Technologies LLC. I have helped in 4 projects regarding computer science for outside companies. This is one of my biggest achievements as a real company was willing to work with me and we ended up doing 4 projects together helping me grow every second of me working with them. After two successful projects with them, I was given some responsibilities such as following up with clients and other things. This gave me a sense of accomplishment because this would mean that they saw qualities in me that they would look for in a “normal aged” programmeconsultant.
- 2020 - I have worked for Cutco for about 3 months in which I have learned many skills for marketing. I have been promoted and over $3000 in sales. Other details mentioned earlier.
- 2019-2020- For UIL math we program our calculators to make tests easier for us. Last year I was one of the top coders for UIL math right after my seniors. I made programs that were complex. Although I didn't create many programs, I made programs that other programs were not able to create the year before because they were termed as “too hard”. Me being able to code those programs gave me the stance as a well-known programmer for UIL Math - an achievement in itself.
- 2016 - 2021 has offered free tutoring to many students who strive to be better but cannot afford fees. I have given at least 80 hours of free tutoring (not for school)
- 2020 - I have also worked for Ambit and have managed a successful team of over 50 members as I am a regional consultant for the company. I am in the top 10% of the company according to my boss, but I don't know whether this is true or not. I can certainly say that more than half of the people working do not make it to the level I am at. This company is an electricity company, and I have capitalized on selling our service to apartment complexes. I have also helped many high schoolers needing a job to find success in this business.
- 2020- I volunteered to make a system for the school called “Corona Tutors”. This is a platform where students can anonymously ask questions and receive answers from other students who want service hours. This fixes many problems: this eases the extreme dependence of teachers being online 24/7, this makes sure that students are getting their questions answered, this also allows students who want to help society. This is an official Prosper resource on their webpage which students can use at their will.
- 2017-2020- I have been a volunteer at ICNA Relief committed about 2 hours each week, and puts me right over 300 hours of community service. We as a group have made a rationing system where we try to fairly distribute goods and other goods as per people's needs. We help with anything from getting food to getting families a laptop for their kid's education.
- My love for business goes very far. In 7th grade, fidget spinners were very popular and amazon took 3 months to ship them. This was perfect for a mini business, so I bought a fidget spinner directly through the supplier (AliExpress) and got my shipment. Not only did I retail them I also wholesale them in the mall to any store that was allowed to sell them. I came profitable from this business, but it was not the money that made this great, it was the contact I got through this business. - 2016
- 2020 - I resold brand new bikes with a high markup. One day scrolling through Facebook marketplace I realized that some bikes were being sold for almost 2x their price at Walmart. (During COVID) I simply contacted my contacts and was able to get about 200-250 brand new bikes. Since this was a very big investment I had five partners with me, and we marked them up according to market price a month later (150% return on investment)
- 2020 - When school ended, I started to get a lot of Forex trading ads, so I chose to take a look into what it was. Forex trading is a currency exchange and is highly risky. When I started to learn about it I started to see that there were groups called “signal groups”. These groups told you when to trade what and claimed that they have a 99% accuracy on their trades being profitable. Instead of trading, I chose to get in contact with famous traders and offer them a lucrative cut for simply sending a message in a group chat about what they are trading. For one month I tested the service and then put it into action for the public. The program kept working until all traders were able to work and then it was shut off making sure that more one was a loss.
- 2020 I have written a book/report that I have published it on Amazon. This report took me 200+ hours to make. As we learn in school, there is a rise in global warming, and it is our job to find alternative ways of fuel and stop the rise in global warming. I took an already done research - well in parts in college language- and made it into a more understandable report considering almost every aspect of the situation. I covered everything from the experimental design to how we can use the waste product in everyday life to how we can scale this project to how even a high schooler can make a difference by simply taking initiative and presenting this idea to their school. This report allowed me to take complex language and make it into an everyday language report. I showed my report to many people in the community and it was very satisfying to hear from their parents when they said “my son is going to present this idea to his school because they mostly have a lot of oil”. The report is about converting waste cooking oil to biodiesel.
- 2015 - 2020 - I have helped my mom in her business called “BLANK (don't want to say) Designs Collection”. Simply by watching her sell and trying it myself I acquired skills that I use to this day not only for business but simply for communicating. Currently, I am a social media and online sales handler for the company.
- 2018 - 2020 - I have been a part of Mu Alpha Theta for two year tutoring students for Math. Last year I was one of the top tutors for Mrs.Wood for algebra 2. I went there every time I did have an eagle time activity.
- 2020 - I recently joined the Science Honor society; we have helped the science fair in their activities.
Essays, I have not started.
Letter of Rec: I have three incoming from my teachers. English/CounseloComputer Science/ Math (waiting for response) Schools:
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Georgia Institute
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Rice University
- UT Austin
- UT Dallas
- Texas A&M
- UC Berkley
I was planning on taking my CFA and CPA but due to the economic downturn caused by Covid, i postponed my studying and decided to pursue my side hobbies investing in Forex, options and investing in equities, primarily techs and small caps. submitted by
This was not necessarily planned, but since I got laid off my previous Credit Analyst position, I needed income to make ends meet as the stimulus cheque’s were not enough to cover most of my fixed expenses.
I’ve been putting in at least 6hrs+ a day since being laid off in March analyzing trading strategies and evaluating investment opportunities. Most of this info I learned from my classes during my 4th year.
I’m a Finance Major abs have been interested in personal investing since I was a junior so it wasn’t as hard as starting from scratch.
I’ve steadily increased my income to about $6k a month, for the last 4 months, mostly from Tesla, AMD and zoom call options and the rest from trading EUUSD and the USD/JPY currency pairs in Forex, although highly leveraged.
I don’t use any indicators and primarily trade using price action as I believe most indicators are lagging to begin with.
I was making the same amount as a recent graduate and hope to increase this investment income to 10k/month hopefully by year end or early next year.
through this experience, I feel like the ROI of studying investment opportunities far exceed the potential benefits of certificates and employment in the long run.
What are your thoughts on the ROI of finance careers relative to the certifications, time commitment, and opportunity costs needed to get here?
Especially as new grads with no experience?
Quantra and FXCM present this certificate course for both beginner and expert Forex traders to learn Forex Trading using Python. In a span of 90 minutes, you stand to learn more in less time with ... The Forex Trading Professional Certificate course is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for forex trading and is interested in enjoying a long career in the forex trading industry. It’s also for anyone who is already a forex trader and looking to brush up their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification. This Forex Trading Professional ... Forex Trading Course – Certificate Of Completion. What is Forex Trading? Forex trading may be defined as the process of trading with foreign exchanges rather than working with the stock exchange of own country. The trading has been done online with the help of special platform that allows one to buy or sell the shares of the organizations that are registered in the stock exchange of other ... Are you searching for best Forex Trading online courses. Here we listed some of the Best Forex Trading Online Courses and this is the right place to select best course. Concept of Forex trading, margin, PIP, how to use different types of forex trading orders, concept of MetaTrader, for technical analysis how to use most popular tools, how to operates Forex Market, how to select Forex Broker Professional who are already into forex trading can also draw benefit from this course. Prerequisites. We assume that you know the essential terms related to forex trading and the basic standards of currency trade. Free Certification . Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It ... Forex Trading course gives an insight into the forex market from scratch along with a detailed explanation over the fundamentals needed to be an active participant in this market. Moreover, any trading is of no use, if the investor is not having a strong base of technicalities. With this Forex Trading Certification Course, the participant will be able to understand the indicators like chart ... FINRA Series 34 Exam – certificate in financial trading FINRA forex license implies the Retail Off-Exchange Forex Examination, National Futures Association (NFA) exam. This exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) ...
Hello guys, my name is Keith a freelancer in web design in marketing and forex trader too from Zambia This is a free series of videos on forex trading in Zambia. This course and certificate is 100 ... CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO: https://rebrand.ly/forex33 And start earning in the Forex Market Now! In our expanding international business environment, there ar... Forex, Cryptocurrency trading & mining is a risky business, We do not guarantee any profit and earning from Forex, Stock, Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies. You should always do your research ... Professional who are already into forex trading can also draw benefit from this course. Prerequisites We assume that you know the essential terms related to forex trading and the basic standards ... Forex, Cryptocurrency trading & mining is a risky business, We do not guarantee any profit and earning from Forex, Stock, Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies. You should always do your research ... This is a free series of videos on forex trading in Zambia. This course and certificate is 100% free This course and certificate is 100% free risky free and nothing to lose.